TAMPA, FL — The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts has announced the winners of the 2023 International Photography Competition.
The competition, now in its 12th year, received 2,349 entries by 542 photographers from 52 countries, showcasing the diversity and creativity of contemporary photography.
The judges, a panel of internationally renowned photographers and art professionals, including, Jessica Jarl, Elena Paraskeva, Kurt Moser, Steven Benson, Martha Asencio-Rhine, Heejung Kim, Sara Canon, Hiromi Nakamura, Kristen Roles and Collier Brown, selected winners in eight categories: Abstract, Conceptual, Documentation/Photojournalism, Nature/Science/Animals, People/Portraits, Places/Landscape, Plane/Air Travel and Still Life.
The winners of the 2023 International Photography Competition are:
Best In Competition:
- Angelika Kollin, United States, Everyday Saint Lucy
- First Place: Julie Kenny, Australia, Crossing Paths
- Second Place: Alexej Sachov, Maldives, Oceans Blood – 1
- Third Place: Hilda Champion, United States, Nights in Manhattan
- First Place: Katherine Dickson, United States, Destino
- Second Place: Julia Wimmerlin, Ukraine, Birth, from the Fresco series
- Third Place: Liz Long, United States, Human Nature
- First Place: Alain Schroeder, Belgium, Dead_Goat_Polo
- Second Place: Mauro De Bettio, Italy, Venice of Africa
- Third Place: Rafael Fabres, Spain, Cafune66
- First Place: Helga Madajova, Slovakia, Connection
- Second Place: Julia Wimmerlin, Switzerland, Connection
- Third Place: Fenqiang Frank Liu, United States, Paradise
- First Place: Angelika Kollin, United States, Everyday Saint Lucy
- Second Place: Rebecca Moseman, United States, The Car Boys
- Third Place: Julia Wimmerlin, Switzerland, Layers and Meanings
- First Place: Jason Au, China, Social Distancing
- Second Place: Hilda Champion, United States, Colorful Crab Cages
- Third Place: Stuart Chape, Australia, Tree of Life
Plane/Air Travel Category:
- First Place: Marcus Cederberg, Sweden, Moon from a Plane, 2022
- Second Place: Dwain A. Vaughns – II, United States, The Stall
- Third Place: Sucharith Somayajula, United States, Sunset Landing
Still Life Category:
- First Place: Verónica Garay, Chile, What Was My Grandmother’s Kitchen
- Second Place: André Boto, Portugal, Red Slices
- Third Place: Beth Galton, United States, Back Alley Abortion
Angelika Kollin of the United States won Best in Competition and first place in portraits for “Everyday Saint Lucy.”
The winners will be featured in a special exhibition at the Tampa International Airport from June 19 to Aug. 15.
In addition to the exhibition, the winners will also receive prizes from the competition’s sponsors and have their work featured on the museum’s website and social media platforms.
“The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is delighted to be able to provide a platform for sharing compelling visual works from around the world,” said Executive Curator Robin O’Dell. “How fitting that this year’s competition will be exhibited at the Tampa International Airport where travelers from around the globe will be able to enjoy them as well”
The 2023 International Photography Competition was sponsored by Blick Art Materials and TIA.
The article Global Photography Winners Announced By FL Photographic Arts Museum appeared first on Tampa Patch.